Super Visa Travel Insurance
Super Visa Travel Insurance was introduced by the Canadian government that enables parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens to visit their family in Canada for up to 24 months without having to renew their status.
Eligibility criteria for the Super Visa are as follows:
- You must be a Grandparent or parent of Canadian citizens.
- The applicant’s child or grandchild must have a basic minimum income level.
- You must meet general conditions that determine admissibility into Canada (i.e. letter of financial support)
- You need to have proof of Canadian Super Visa insurance, which must meet a certain minimum requirement and be valid for a period of at least one year.
Requirements for obtaining a Super Visa application
To obtain a Parent or Grandparent Super Visa for Canada, applicants must have a valid insurance. Super Visa applications need to present proof that they have private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company valid for a minimum of 1 year it should:
- Include repatriation, hospitalization and health care.
- Provide a minimum coverage of $100,000.
- Is legal for each entry to Canada and available for a review by a port of entry officer.